Ahh, Monday… we meet again! Whether you loathe or love the start of the week, I think we all can agree that sometimes a little Monday motivation goes a long way and doing something fun can be a serious mood booster.
This week, I want to encourage you to add some fun into your workout. Check out my tips to add a twist to your Mondays.
Here are 9 tips to make your workout more fun:
- Listen to the music: Pick a new playlist or genre of music to change the mood. Here’s what I’m listening to on Spotify, check it out!
- Get friendly: Grab a buddy or your significant other if you usually work out alone to help motivate each other.
- Break it up: Instead of powering through 30 minutes of straight cardio, try two 15 minute tabata sessions to elevate your heart rate and burn more calories.
- Change your outfit: Add a pop of color if you normally wear black, try capris instead of leggings, or switch out your shoelaces.
- Do your hair: If you’re always rocking a topknot or messy ponytail, try some fun braids or twists – functional and cute! I personally love a good ponytail, it keeps the hair out of my eyes.
- Explore the great outdoors: Taking your workout from the gym and getting outdoors is a great way to change the scenery and get some vitamin D. You can also find a bench along the way to add in some decline pushups.
- Learn something new: Instead of listening to music, try streaming a TED Talk or a podcast to keep you engaged and inspired.
- Stay plugged in: No need to leave your phone behind. Take a selfie while you are working out to inspire others to do the same. Don’t forget to label it #StartAHealthyHabit.
- Switch gyms: If you’re able to, go to another location of your gym or ask a buddy for a pass to their gym. You’ll change locations and meet new people.